- 12 small tart shells, baked
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) hazelnut butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted hazelnuts/filberts, chopped (optional)
- Bake tart shells according to package directions.
- In a small saucepot, heat cream over medium heat just until steaming.
- In a bowl, whisk egg to blend.
- Gradually whisk about half of the hot cream into the egg; whisk egg mixture back into pot.
- Cook over medium heat whisking constantly until slightly thickened and just about to boil, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in chocolate, hazelnut butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour filling into tarts.
- Garnish with chopped hazelnuts (Can be covered loosely and refrigerated for up to 1 day).
- Tarts can be served cold or warm. Warm tarts in a 350 degree F (180 degree C) oven for 5 min or until warmed through.