- 1 tsp (2 mL) fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp (2 mL) oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sumac
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 cups (100 mL) cooked chickpeas (canned can be substituted)
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup (250 mL) Jben cheese or Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Peak of the Market red onion, diced
- 1 tsp (2 mL) fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp (2 mL) Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup (62.5 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (62.5 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (2 mL) ground clove
- 1/2 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (1 mL) ground coriander
- Combine thyme, oregano, sumac, toasted sesame seeds, salt, pepper and set aside.
- Wish together Dijon mustard with the lemon juice and slowly add the canola oil. Whisk in garlic and then all the spices, season with salt & pepper and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the diced cucumber, sliced tomatoes, diced onion, Jben cheese and chickpeas together.
- Pour dressing over mixture and adjust seasoning if necessary, top with za’atar and enjoy!
Pairs well with The Botanist Islay Dry Gin & Soda