- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 small Peak of the Market cooking onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Peak of the Market carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup dry port or sherry
- 1 can (398 mL) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups store bought rosa pasta sauce (divided
- 1 package frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed very dry
- 2 cups Italian blend shredded cheese (divided)
- 1 package oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 2 tsp. minced fresh pasley
- Drizzle of olive oil
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil, onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Stir cook for 5-10 minutes until vegetables are soft and start to take on colour. 2.
- Add the port or sherry, canned tomatoes and the bay leaf; bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.3.
- Remove from heat, take out the bay leaf and add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the chicken and 1/2 cup of the rosa sauce. Set aside (can be made up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated until needed).
- Stir together spinach, 1 cup of Italian cheese, 1/2 cup roast sauce and 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a standard loaf pan with foil, leaving and extra inch or so of foil extending over the rim on all sides.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the ragout evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Cover sauce with a single layer of lasagna noodles (break noodles to fit as needed) and press down into the sauce.
- Spread half the spinach mixture over the noodles; top with 1/2 the remaining ragout mixture and sprinkle with 1/3 cup Italian shredded cheese.
- Add a second layer of noodles and press down firmly.
- Repeat the process with the remaining ragout, the rest of the spinach mixture, 1/3 cup Italian cheese and a third noodle layer (may not use all noodles in the package). Press down firmly.
- Spread the remaining rosa sauce over the noodles and top with remaining Italian cheese and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place loaf pan on a cookie sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes until bubbling and golden on top.
- Remove from the heat and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.