- 1/2 Peak of the Market red pepper
- 1/2 Peak of the Market yellow pepper
- 3 Peak of the Market carrots, sliced into rounds
- 2 Peak of the Market broccoli crowns, cut into florets
- 5 Tbsp (75 mL) canola oil, divided
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 2 cups (500 mL) penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/2 Peak of the Market onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl combine vegetables. Pour 4 Tbsp oil over vegetables and mix to coat. Spread vegetables evenly onto a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Pour 1 Tbsp oil over chicken and mix to coat. Spread chicken evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Place both baking sheets into the oven and bake until vegetables are tender and a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F (74°C)(about 20-30 min).
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. When cooked, drain, rinse and return pasta to the pot. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, melt butter. Add onions and garlic, sauté 3 minutes. Stir in flour. Slowly whisk in milk. Continue cooking over medium heat until sauce thickens. Season with salt & pepper.
- To the large pot with the cooked pasta, add the cooked vegetables, chicken and sauce. Mix until combined. Serve and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Optional – put mixture into a large baking dish and sprinkle extra mozzarella or Parmesan cheese on top. Broil in oven until golden brown.
Pairs well with Mionetto il Prosecco Doc