Cut this recipe in half for fewer servings or freeze leftovers for easy meals.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cup (1 L) low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cup (750 mL) spaghetti sauce
- 1-19 oz can (540 mL) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-19 oz can (540 mL) white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) dry short tube pasta (tubetti)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated fresh parmesan
- In large saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add celery, carrot and onion and sauté until tender. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, spaghetti sauce, chickpeas, kidney beans, pasta, pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer until pasta is tender, about 10-12 minutes. Add chicken to pan and cook 5-8 minutes until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.