- 4 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 multi-grain baguette
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- 8 oz (250 g) triple cream Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) tart fruit preserve such as lingonberry, blackcurrent or cranberry
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Slice baguette on diagonal into 1/2-inch slices.
- Arrange slices on a large cookie sheet or two smaller cookie sheets, allowing for a little space between toasts.
- Broil slices until golden brown; cool slightly.
- Spread each toast with a little mayonnaise.
- Put a slice of Brie on each toast and top with one or two chicken slices.
- Place toasts under broiler for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Transfer to a serving platter; top with a spoonful of fruit preserve and garnish with thyme sprigs. Serve warm.