- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) wheat germ
- 2 tsp (10 mL) instant yeast
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) warm milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) additional all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp (5-10 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canola margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dark corn syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) pecans, chopped
- In large mixing bowl of stand mixer, combine all dough ingredients in order, except last 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour.
- Mix ingredients on slow speed, incorporating more flour if needed to form a soft dough. Continue to mix ingredients for about 6 minutes. Alternatively, ingredients can be mixed by hand and then kneaded into a soft dough. Cover dough and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough on a floured board to form a 9×12 in (23×30 cm) rectangle.
- Spread 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola margarine over dough, followed by the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Roll dough up tightly, starting at the 12 inch (30 cm) side. Pinch edge of dough to seal the roll.
- Meanwhile, melt 1/2 cup (125 mL) canola margarine in a 2 quart (2 L) saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar and 1/4 cup (50 mL) dark corn syrup. Cook and stir until sugar had melted.
- Pour into un-greased 9×13 inch (23×30 cm) pan. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Cut dough roll crosswise into 12 equal pieces. Place dough pieces slightly apart on top of caramel nut mixture.
- Let rise in a warm places for 40-45 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake rolls at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately turn upside down onto serving plate. Drizzle caramel over rolls. Serve Warm.