- 2 lbs (1 kg) ground chicken
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup (50 mL) panko crumbs
- ¼ cup (50 mL) grated carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (50 mL) melted butter
- ¼ cup (50 mL) Franks hot sauce
- ½ tsp (2 mL) EACH salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Franks hot sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) blue cheese dressing
- ¼ cup (50 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken with the Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, panko crumbs, carrot, garlic, green onion, Franks hot sauce and salt and pepper.
- Moisten hands with water or lightly coat with oil, shape chicken mixture into 1-inch meatballs and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Mixture should make about 45 meatballs and will likely require 2 cookie sheets to fit all the meatballs.
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Bake meatballs for 45-50 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Using a meat thermometer, test one of the meatballs to ensure they are cooked through. Meatballs should read temperature of 175F and should be lightly browned on the outside.
- Remove meatballs from oven and transfer to a large glass or metal bowl and keep warm.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the ½ cup hot sauce, blue cheese dressing and the crumbled blue cheese.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, and mix well.
- Pour ½ the blue cheese sauce over the meatballs and toss lightly to coat.
- Serve meatballs on cocktail picks with the rest of the blue cheese sauce for dipping, along with a little extra hot sauce for those who like a little extra heat.