- 1-19 oz can (540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Countryside Farms Vita Egg
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Manitoba rolled oats
Suggested Toppings: Salsa, Lettuce, Sour Cream, Avocado
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Place rinsed and drained beans, onion and garlic into a food processor and mix until thick and pasty. Pour into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin and hot sauce.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in rolled oats until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
- Place patties on baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a bun with your favourite burger toppings.
Pairs well with Beau’s All Natural Brewing Full Time IPA