- 4 lb (2 kg) Extra Lean Ground Beef
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 EACH onion and cloves of garlic, minced
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high meat cook Ground Beef for 10 minutes, breaking into small chunks with back of spoon, until browned.
- Add onions and garlic and simmer for 15 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Spread in a single layer on several foil or parchment paper-lined baking trays; freeze until meat is firm, about 1 hour.
- Loosen into chunks, scoop meal-sized portions into freezer bags (2 cups (500 mL) per freezer bag). Freeze up to 3 months.