- 3 lbs 1.5 kg Top Sirloin Oven or Rotisserie Roast
- 1 ½ cups (350 mL) lager beer
- ¾ cups (175 mL) ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cups (75 mL) EACH balsamic vinegar and brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) EACH Dijon mustard and paprika
- Salt and Pepper seasoning
- Combine all ingredients (except beef) in large sealable freezer bag.
- Pierce roast all over with a fork. Add roast to bag and refrigerate maximum 4 hours.
- Reserve marinade. Heat marinade of medium heat and bring to a boil, stir occasionally until marinade reduces to a barbecue sauce consistency.
- To cook on a rotisserie, place drip pan with ½ inch (1 cm) water on top of grill.
- Using medium-high heat, preheat barbecue to 400°F (200°C).
- Insert spit rod lengthwise through centre of roast; secure with holding forks.
- Insert meat thermometer into middle of roast avoiding spit rod.
- Reduce heat to medium heat 300°F (150°C) after the first 20 minutes once the exterior of the roast has developed a browned crust.
- Baste roast with barbecue sauce once every 30minutes.
- Cook at constant heat, in closed barbecue, to desired doneness: 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare; 155°F (68°C) for medium.
- The roast will continue to cook once removed from the spit, remove from heat five degrees before desired doneness.
- Remove roast to cutting board; cover with foil and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Carve into thin slices to serve.
Tip: No Rotisserie? No Problem! Place roast on grill over drip pan inserted underneath grill grates on one side of the barbecue. Turn heat off just under the roast and cook as above.