- 8 cups (2 L) baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced and separated
- 1/2 lb (250 g) fresh white or crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 green onion, chopped
- In large salad bowl place spinach and red onion. Set aside.
- Place mushrooms in a foil pie plate.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) balsamic vinegar and oil. Add garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cover with foil. Place on medium hot grill.
- Cook with lid closed until mushrooms are soft, 8-10 minutes. Carefully remove pan from grill.
- Pour mushrooms and liquid over spinach.
- Toss. Taste. Add remaining tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, if desired.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese and green onions.
- Serve immediately.