Stacked high and developed for Ace Burpee, host of Great Tastes of Manitoba. Enjoy this mouth-watering steak burger with your family.
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) Canadian Steak Spice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup cup (50 mL) EACH onion, minced and bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 6 slice aged old white cheddar cheese
- 6 slice thick cut cooked bacon, divided
- 6 whole grain ciabatta buns, lightly toasted
- 2 cup (500 mL) arugula leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bacon marmalade, divided
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) prepared yellow mustard, divided
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or large bowl mix the first 6 lines of ingredients together until combined.
- Form the burger mixture into 6 burger patties; leave a thumbprint in the centre to keep burgers from rounding during cooking.
- Place burgers on medium-high heated grill 400F (200C) for 5-7 minutes per side or until meat thermometer reads 160F (71C) for well done.
- To assemble: spread yellow mustard on bottom bun half, top steak burger patty, cheddar cheese, bacon, tomato slice, and arugula. Spread a spoonful of bacon marmalade on the top bun half and top the burger.